Monday, November 3, 2008

"Are you sure you can't be pregnant?" "Well, I did hold hands with a boy yesterday..."

Today, for the first time in a long time, a medical person believed me when I told them that there was no way I could be pregnant.


When someone doesn't believe me and keeps asking, it typically really bothers me that they think I'm lying and that I am running around having wild and crazy unprotected sex. But then after I get over it, it strikes me as being really sad that they can't believe me. How often do they have patients lie to them and tell them that they can't be pregnant, only to find out later that they are?

We're living in a time where that has to be common, probably even normal, and that breaks my heart.


I would love to do a ministry working with young/teen girls where they are just loved and sincerely told that they are beautiful. I want to find a way to tell girls that they don't have to show 90% of their skin to be attractive; that they don't have to sleep with a guy to get love; that they can do something with their lives.

I think that our culture has got it all wrong, and the young ones are paying for it.

0 comments: